Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Basketball

Basketball has been Diego's new love these days. He asks daily if we can get a basketball hoop because he is always the first one out at speed when they play at recess and he says it's because he doesn't have a hoop to practice on. He may have a point. :) He does practice in our driveway, but when he's shooting with no hoop, I think he has a valid argument. :) Anyway, today a neighbor stopped by and they decided to play basketball. The next thing I know, they are using our garbage cans as a hoop and when they make it in, they just tip the can over, crawl in and grab the ball. ugh! (It was garbage day today so the cans were empty, but still...) We told them that they couldn't use the garbage cans as their hoops and they were very disappointed. Even though I was grossed out, I had to give them credit for making the best of what they have!!

On a side note and totally off the subject....My daredevil daughter decided to try and jump from the couch to the chair. I'm sure she has witnessed an older brother doing this and since she seems to be as daring as Diego when it comes to thrills, she tried it on her own. Lets just say she has a nice bruise on her head. It has been an interesting day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Mia can give claire some tips on bravery. Claire is afraid...wait for it...of getting down when she is standing up. Not kidding. I've showed her how to kneel and how to bend over and how to plop on her butt, and even though she will do it once or twice, but by the next day, she is afraid again. Is this normal? I guess if she had older brothers she would be long past this stage, and running and jumping off of furniture with other kids her age (Claire still isn't walking independently).

    As for the lack of a basketball hoop...I'm sure you have a soccer net of some kind in your yard, right? Well, are there any kind of hoop attachments so you can just put it on top of the goal frame? then you can play two sports at once! J/K

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's totally normal for Claire to do! She'll figure it out, she's just taking her time. Luca didn't walk until he was 17 months...I was just hoping and praying by nursery he'd be walking!! He made it by a month. :)

    Nice idea for the hoop! hehehe

    ReplyDelete