Friday, February 11, 2011
Parent/Teacher conferences
Well, this was the week to meet with the teachers and I'll be honest, I often am hesitant about it, knowing that Diego struggles a bit at times. BUT with that being said....both teachers had great things to say about the boys. Diego is keeping at grade level whith his reading...which is awesome! And his fluency is getting better! Again...awesome!! He is struggling in math but she didn't seem too concerned about my concerns, so we shall see where that goes. She says when you're around him it just makes you happy and feel good. Which is so true. He has such a fun personality. Luckily it seems like he is able to tone that down for school and use his humor and goofiness for appropriate times. Now if we could just get that down here at home with people is really comfortable with. ;) Alessandro is doing awesome with his school work. He's above and beyond what is expected of him in all the areas, which is great. Now if we could just get him to "share" his stories in class and open up more like that. His teacher said that he just told her this week he is ready to share a story...she thinks it has something to do with the new sound system they got so he'll have a microphone on his shirt which means he won't need to speak too loudly to be heard. Lets hope he does it! Anything to encourage that boy to come out of his shell is great. Anyway, to sum it up, I'm really proud of both boys and how hard they are working at school and that they are well behaved and are liked in the classroom. I am happy to say I'm not frustrated after this meeting this year. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment