Sunday, February 19, 2012

Failed

One of our goals for this year was to not have so many medical bills because every year they seem to just pile up!!  Unfortunately on January 19th we realized that was a stupid goal because you really can't help what happens to you or someone else in the family.  So I am sad to say, we are not off to a good start this year...yet again.  Diego was playing tag at recess and was running up equipment when he slipped and fell and his chin slammed on a bar which split his chin open.  The Dr. office didn't have any appointments available so we had to go to the instacare for him to get stitches.  The poor guy is terrified of needles so he was freaking out the whole time we were waiting, but was happy in the end since it wasn't nearly as bad as he was anticipating.  Three days later he woke up and gunk was just oozing out.  So we had to take him back to the instacare, but it was a Sunday and was closed so we had to take him to a different one.  Which causes all kinds of fun with insurance.  ugh.  Anyway, he got it cleaned out and got some meds to take and also to put on it.  When he had to have them taken out both Udine and I were out of town so my sister-in-law took him for us.  That night, we was wrestling his cousin and got an elbow or a knee..not exactly sure which or both, but it split open again.  The next day Jamie took him back to the Dr to make sure everything was ok.  I think they just taped it back up for him.  Oh the joys.  I actually felt really bad that I wasn't there to help him out when he was getting them out; i know he was really nervous about it.  But I'm grateful Jamie was more than willing to do it.

I have pictures on my phone of his cut, but for some reason I can't download them to the computer.  If I can figure it out what is going on I'll post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment