Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Happy Birthday

Diego!!  Yes, Diego turned 11 on May 3rd!  Yikes!  Do I really have an 11 yr old!?  That makes me feel old!!  We didn't get to celebrate like we normally do on birthdays because he had school and that evening had a soccer game, but I think he still enjoyed his special day.  (Even if I did make cupcakes for the team and forgot to bring them)  :)
 They always open one gift before school.  The others wait until evening.
 Alessandro gathered some things of his that he knew Diego liked and gave them to him.  He also gave him some change.  :)
 We ended up not even eating his cupcakes on his birthday because we got home so late from his game and then had to open gifts and mom and dad stopped by.....he was a good sport though and didn't mind at all.  Even better to have a birthday spread out over a few days.  ;)


Diego is definately my hardest worker.  I admire how determined he is.  If he decides he wants to do better at something or wants to learn something he will work and work until he is able to.  It is a great quality and I think it will benefit him greatly in the future.  He is still a big goof and is always trying to make people smile or laugh.  He is very thoughtful and concerned for others.  He takes great care of his younger siblings and they all look up to him so much.  He loves soccer and is getting better at it every year.  He doesn't love school, but I am proud of how well he has been doing.  If we could just get him to turn stuff in!!  ;)  He has gotten into art and drawing things.  I've been very impressed with some of his drawings.  He has really come a long way!!  He is always willing to try something new and always has such a possitive attitude.  He loves having the attention on him and is just so fun to be around.  He definitely makes this house much louder and much more lively.  :)  He has reached the age where he'd like to be in on all the adult conversations and will linger around to hear them.   He is such a joy to have in our family and I truly learn a lot from him.  Happy Birthday little man!!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment