Thursday, September 6, 2012

School

School has started and we are finally getting into the swing of things.  It always seems to take a few weeks before the kids (and I) adjust. 
 
Mia started preschool and she was so excited she could hardly contain herself.  When I dropped her off she went running towards the classroom door.  I had to call her back to get a quick picture.  And then she took off running again.  I have never had a child do this before.  The boys always had to stay right by me until I walked them to the class and dropped them off.  Oh the independence of a little girl.  It has its perks.  :)
 
Luca started kindergarten this year.  His teacher is Mrs. Crockett.  Lucky for him he is in the same class as his cousin Packer!!  He also knew Packer's neighbor Lucie, so he was excited to know a couple kids.  :)  He was very excited for school to start but a little hesitant at the same time.  I walked him to the door and waited for the teacher to come get the kids as they waited in line.  He showed little emotion, but that is how he is. 
 

 
Alessandro is in 4th grade this year.  His teacher is Mrs. Bell.  He seemed pretty indifferent about starting school.  He cruises through his homework and then complains that he is bored and there is nothing for him to do.  Maybe I need to come up with more chores.  ;)
 
Diego is in Ms. Pulley's 6th grade class.  He gets to be in his cousin Cody's class which is fun for him.  He was the child that was the most unhappy about starting school.  He claims it has ruined his life because he has no time to play anymore because homework takes him too long.  In his defense, he does have to work really hard at it and it does take him long, but he is learning great work ethics.  :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment