Monday, February 21, 2011

1 2 3 Yorb Nation!

Wow!  I have to write about this while I still feel the effects of this crazy ride!!!  Jana's brother has this big ol' yorb, which is pretty much a huge ball inside a huge ball with straps so you can strap yourself in and then go roll down a hill while in it.  When we found out Ben and his family were heading out to go use it since a lot of the Robertsons were in town.  We thought it would be fun to go watch.  Yes, I said WATCH, I had absolutely no intentions of getting in that thing.....but am shocked to say Udine, Diego and I all took a turn.  Unlike those crazy Robertson's (and I mean that in the best of ways), we are not thrill seekers, in fact, we are very wimpy when it comes to rides and being scared, etc.  Well, Udine and I are, but Diego loves a thrill.  Anyway, Udine was the first from our family to go.  He went with Jana's brother Ryan.  He was so scared he couldn't even scream.  haha  Ryan said he didn't make a sound.  Unlike Udine, I guess Ryan just laughed through it all, even when his legs came unstrapped!!!  Again...those crazy Robertsons!!  Ryan's daughter wanted to go, who is just a year older than Diego, so Diego said he'd go with her.  As they were getting strapped in, diego looked pretty nervous.  (I was scared for him)  He loved it though.  No surprise there.  And then I was finally convinced to go with Jana.  The second I hopped into that giant ball I started to panic.  I'm a little claustrophobic and that set in the second I was in, but I took deep breaths and had Jana encouraging me, so I let Brady strap me in.  To say I was in a bit of a panic is to put it mildly.  Anyway, once we're both strapped in, they close it up and tap on the ball three times, we then both have to yell "1 2 3 Yorb Nation!"  to let them know we are ready.  Then, they push you down a hill and you just go rolling!!  I can't even describe how it feels, I just know I was SOOOO scared.  I got a good yell at the beginning and after that I was practically hyperventilating because I couldn't get anymore breaths.  When the ball finally stopped rolling I couldn't even unbuckle myself at first.  Jana was down and unstrapped before I could even start!!  But I did it and then had to get out right away.  There was no way I could stay in it any longer to help Jana run it back to the bottom of the hill (like a hamster in a ball).  I will say I'm really happy I did it, but I don't know if I'll ever do it again.  Diego went a second time with another of Ryan's daughters and said it was way scarier that time.  He was in the same spot I was that time, so I might just be curious enough to try it again facing backwards instead of forwards.  But not for a while.  It took me a few hours to feel normal after that.  I don't know how those guys do it over and over again!!  Too fun!!  Thanks Robertsons!  It was something we would never pick to do on our own.

Udine getting strapped in
Udine going down

Diego getting strapped in
Diego going down
Diego after the ride

Me and Jana, I'm still debating on if I should get out or not
My ride down (everyone was making fun of my screaming at the begining)  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! Your scream is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile! LOVE it!! Udine's laugh is a riot as well as the scream!

    ReplyDelete