After that he got to pick where we ate for dinner and after dinner we decided to go for a walk. I forgot to bring his toothbrush, so I was hoping we'd pass a gas station or something. After walking and walking and walking, we finally did find one but it was probably about 2.5 miles from the hotel. hahaha We passed two parks and played on them and just had a great time talking and walking, laughing and walking. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We had to hurry on our way back because it was getting dark and I didn't want to be walking in the dark in an unfamiliar city. At the hotel we hung out eating candy, watching tv and just being silly. We were still used to Utah time so it took a while to feel sleepy.
We had to get up early on Saturday to go to the University for the study. We were there all day. He had a good time there, but it was long for me. Just sitting there waiting for him for 10 hours, but I did get to chat with some of the other moms there. That night he picked where to eat again and then some of the other kids in the study invited him to go swimming with them so we went to the pool. Sunday we got up early again for the study and were there until 1:00pm. We went back to the hotel and watched the womens world cup game and then went to the airport to fly home. That was the longest flight ever. Or maybe it's just that they were late flights and we were exhausted so they seemed long. We got home about 1am monday morning.
It was a wonderful trip where Alessandro got to make all the choices of where to eat, what to do, etc. At least when we weren't at the University. I know I will always remember this trip and I'm pretty sure he will too. it was a special time. To this day he still brings up our walk and things about the trip. I'm glad we decided to go.
He was in this submarine maybe 5 seconds. He said it smelled and couldn't handle it. :)
These water bubbles were his absolute favorite
Doing science experiments
We were trying to get a picture when both of our bubbles were big, but we were not successful
Just being silly
No comments:
Post a Comment