Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Life in our house when dinner is being prepared...

Do the hours of 4pm - 6pm seem crazy to anyone at their house or is it just me?  I swear this is not an unusual occurance during this time for us...or something similar to happen.  Today as I was cooking dinner I catch out of the corner of my eye, Mia taking a game piece so Luca couldn't have it.  Which then caused him to cry and he smacked her.  So she then got up and smacked him in the head which caused him to cry louder.  So he did the same in return.  She then proceeded to hit him with the piece of game board she had in her hand.  So he went and grabbed the box to hit her with it.  She just smacked him back yet again.  To which he grabbed the dogs kong and chucked it at her.  And she just hit him back.  She wasn't getting upset, she'd just retaliate, so he finally got frustrated and started crying and coming to me when he realized I had been watching the whole thing.  Both caught in the act.  Was I a bad mom to just sit and watch?  I don't know, maybe, but this was the fastest I was able to get him to stop crying because he knew I knew that they were both in the wrong.  And it seems when I'm making dinner that is the favorite time to pick fights.  I wish I could hire a cook.  :)  Not that that would cure the fighting, but it sure would be nice for me.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. This just had me laughing to myself. Having only one, this is not a familiar scene in my house at dinner time, but Claire suspiciously wants to be held any time I am making dinner. Without fail, I will be doing something that requires 2 hands, and she is screaming at me because I won't hold her. Maybe when the next child comes along, she will move all that energy to hitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, happens at my house too. I don't always catch who starts it but Mikey always tells on Rori first. Then I ask what he did to her and he stops crying and tells me he hit her too. I just have to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's hilarious that you got to see the whole thing. Usually when it happens at my house, I just hear about it through the tattle-tales.

    ReplyDelete