Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Harvest

Our garden was very successful this year.  We had more food than we could eat.  My favorite is always the cantaloupe, but next I think is the pumpkins.  It's fun to watch them grow and see the kids get excited about them.  We picked them last week and I seriously thought I was going to throw up after getting them to the front door.  There was one that was too heavy for me to carry so Diego and I were trying to roll it up our hill.  It was crazy.  They are definitely the biggest and heaviest we've ever grown.  Last night we carved two of them.  Diego and Alessandro picked out what kind they wanted to do.  They each cleaned them out on their own and Diego also punched the holes for the pattern.  But Udine and I did the actual carving.  The two little ones didn't want to be left out so they poked holes in a couple of the smaller pumpkins we have.  Not counting the three pumpkins that were rotten, I think we had 9 pumpkins total from our garden this year. 

Seriously, how do people get good pictures of their kids, because I can't!!!  The picture below shows how my day was going.  Why oh why can't they just get along?

I had to post this picture because it makes me laugh.  This is how I felt by the end of all this as well.  Oh the joys.  Seriously, if she is not the one throwing the fit it is Luca.  Please please grow out of it!!!  They are both about killing me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment