Happy birthday to my 10 year old little boy!! Where does the time go!!?? On May 3rd Diego turned 10 and was so excited about his birthday. For his birthday dinner he chose Fettucini alfredo and bacon. I tried to talk him into some veggies or fruit or something...but he had his mind set. Alfredo and bacon. So that's what it was!! He wanted star wars cupcakes, which turned out to be harder to make than I thought they would be. Note to self: don't be a lazy and buy store bought frosting to decorate with. It is ten times harder to work with than the stuff you make at home! After dinner we went to Trafalga for some fun with the fam. (Gotta love those pass of all passes! They have definitely been worth it!) We did some mini golf while there and rode on 2 of the XD theater rides. It was a lot of fun. Something that totally caught me off guard while we were there was while I was in the XD theater with Diego. We have to wear glasses that they give us for the ride and after we sat down and put them on I was complaining that mine were dirty or something because I couldn't see out of the right lens. Without a second thought, Diego took his glasses off and wanted to trade with me so I could see better. My heart filled with joy as I witnessed this gesture. I told him thanks, but I'd be fine. What a thoughtful little boy. How many 10 year olds do you know will do that? I was touched and had a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe we are doing something right in raising a thoughtful, respectful boy. He made me proud. As he did it, Udine flashed in my mind because it was exactly what Udine would have done for me. Diego has a great role model he is following. Anyway, it was a fun day.

I love how animated he is
When we got home from Trafalga Jeremy was already there. (He was spending the night at our place) Anyway, there was a present from him for Diego. Before Diego opened it Udine told him not to because he said the boxes would be full of stuff that Jeremy found around the house. Udine was right!! hahahaha It was so funny...he just kept taking things out one after the other that were from our house. I think it's even funnier because Udine knows Jeremy so well that he knew exactly what he'd do. hahaha It's always a good laugh when Jeremy is around.
In the end there was a gift card for McDonalds. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment