Thursday, May 26, 2011

Swimming

I signed Luca and Mia up for swim lessons and LOVE seeing their progress!!  It is so fun to see a child not know the first thing about being safe in  the water to totally floating and being able to handle themselves.  We take them to O'Neal Aquatics here in PG and I absolutely LOVE them.  They have taught all of my children how to swim.  The older boys know how to do the front stroke, back crawl, butterfly and breaststroke.  Luca is learning the front crawl and back stroke right now.  He's kind of a lazy swimmer when it comes to doing drills, but he is completely safe in the water and I don't have to think twice about him when he's in deeper water.  It's nice.  He's a little fish and loves the water.  Mia is still getting the basics down like keeping her head looking down at the bottom or keeping her toes at the top of the water when on her back.  JoD (her swim teacher) says she's too comfortable in the water for her own good.  She'll jump in a tread and bring her head up for air.  She's safe, but they want to get her floating on her back always or swimming on her stomach.  She's doing great though!!  I'm so excited for this summer.  I don't think I'll have to panic over any of my kids while we are swimming in the water.  It's going to be soo much fun!!








No comments:

Post a Comment