This past weekend Udine and I went to St. George with 4 other couples and hiked the Subway in Zions. It was amazing!!! A lot more difficult than we had imagined, but still fun. We started hiking at 7am and finished at 6pm. Wow!! I was so ready to be done and not really enjoying the last three hours of it. My knee was killing me and I was getting exhausted. But up until that point it was a lot of fun. We hiked, repelled, swam, climbed rocks. It was crazy. In order to do that hike you definitely need somebody with you that is experienced in all of that. Both Udine and I had to conquer some fears in order to finish this hike. We had to repel, which we both hated because of the height. We had to swim in ICE cold water to get through certain spots...Udine was so nervous because he's not the best swimmer, but he did great. And the last half mile is the absolute worst. It is all straight up the mountain! It was a total of 9.5 miles without getting lost, and yes, we got lost a couple times. :) We really enjoyed the experience, but don't ask us if we'll do it again for a year or so, that way we'll be able to forget how bad it really is. hahaha :)
I'm going to post a bunch of pictures so I can have them in my blog book, but don't feel like you have to look at them all. :)
Climbing down the chimney
Udine took some great pictures to capture the beauty around
This picture below was taken shortly after we had to swim...I was still shivering!!
Why it's called the subway hike...above you can see what looks like the tracks, below you can see how it looks like a subway
Beautiful scenery! Looks like fun.
ReplyDeleteSo, so pretty! I've done just part of that hike, but starting from the bottom. So I'm definitely not as hardcore as you guys! Good job!
ReplyDelete