At the new year I decided it was time for Mia to learn to use the bathroom. She was plenty old and it was well over due. She was just being stubborn about it, so I was adamant that she was going to learn. So that first week of January was one of the longest weeks ever!!! After about 4 days of never actually going in the toilet, just doing it in her pants minutes after getting off, I was finally fed up and just made her sit there until she peed. She was screaming, but as soon as it happened it was like something clicked and she realized what was suppose to happen. It was a wonderful turning point!!! From there on out she was great!! Well, not great. She had to get over her fear of public toilets (which can you really blame her) and also her fear of other people's toilets. Which actually took a while. We went to ID to visit my aunt and uncle for a weekend and that is finally what taught her toilets other than our own are ok. :) Since then, she has been doing great and it is so strange not to have a child in diapers!! I don't have to carry a diaper bag around anymore, it's so nice!! Although, I do miss always having wipes on hand, I need to just carry those around for other messes that happen. :) Yeah for Mia!!
Always such a great day to have no more diapers!! Yay for Mia!
ReplyDeleteWooHoo! That is a great feeling! I find I still miss the wipes! :)
ReplyDelete