These were taken a week after they put his leg in a cast. They were checking to see if it was staying aligned. At this check up they had to cut the cast open in a little area, which adjusted the bones a little. Poor guy was in soo much pain as they did this...no meds or anything. He was a trooper.
These are taken the day they took the cast off. I remember looking at these xrays thinking...Are you crazy!! These do not look healed to me...but she was right, they were healed enough and as long as he didn't run or jump or rough house for like 4 months or something like that he would be fine. and he was!!
This is a follow up visit to see how it's healing. Notice the difference in the length by looking at his hips. No wonder it was so hard to run!!
Another check up, you can see how it's catching up by looking at the hips
Today's visit and the growth that has happened
It is so crazy to go back and think of that time. Mia was just a baby, Alessandro was in a wheel chair and I felt so overwhelmed and scared. We had so many wonderful friends and family who supported us through this time. I gained a greater appreciation for those who take care of children with physical disabilities. Not only was it emotionally exhausting, but it was physically exhausting. I remember Alessandro would often tell me he didn't like going out because people would stare at him and he hated them looking at him. I think he learned a valuable lesson and now has a very tender heart for anyone he sees that is hurt or in a wheel chair or anything to that sort. He is genuinely concerned for them. The whole experience really taught us all a lot.









Those x-rays are crazy. I can't believe he broke his femur just thinking about breaking my femur causes me to wince in pain.
ReplyDeleteWow! What more can be said. Those x-rays are hard to look at. I can't imagine what you went through as his mom. You are amazing!
ReplyDelete