We are watching Ben and Jana's kids this week while they enjoy the nice warm sun in Costa Rica. Last night was the first night and I think it took me an hour and a half from start to finish to get all the kiddos in bed. hahaha I'm hoping some of the problem was setting up sleeping bags, figuring out what each child needed and all that stuff since it was the first night. Cali needed about 4 sippy cup refills, Packer couldn't find his kitty, my boys and benji were all begging to let him sleep downstairs with them, Mia was being disobedient like usual....and without Udine around to help....by 9:20 when everyone was finally in bed after a few bathroom breaks, drink breaks, etc....I was tired! And it was only the first night! :) hahaha I'm not complaining, because everyone was really good....I just need to figure out a routine to get these 7 kids to bed in a more timely manner. :) This morning my favorite comment from Benji was "I was asleep when Udine came to check on us and Lalo was trying to fall asleep" hahaha I asked him how he knew Udine checked on him if he was sleeping....I guess he fell asleep right as Udine was walking down the stairs. hahaha I'm sure he "fell asleep" when udine was walking down because the deal was they go to sleep right away or they don't sleep together again, and since Udine doesn't get home until 11:00, they knew it was way too late to be awake. hahaha kids crack me up!

Mia being naughty and you can tell she knows it by the look on her face.
Luca was asleep within minutes of putting his head on the pillow
Cali and her prized possession...the sippy cup (every kid needs a comfort when mom and dad are away, I think the sippy cup is hers)
I felt bad for Packer cause he was just laying there being so good and Luca had fallen asleep a while before that, so I gave him some books to read to help him fall asleep. When I went to check on him, he had fallen asleep while reading. Too cute.
It was a good day. Lets hope today is also!!
dude...i so feel your pain! I know its not that bad, it's just busy. I will never forget when I was watching Benji years ago and he cried and cried because I didn't cut his pancakes like his mom did. Apparently, you cut first and then put the syrup on. It's a serious thing. :) Good luck!
ReplyDelete