Monday, April 18, 2011

Single Parents

This last year has really given me an appreciation for Udine and all that he does for this family.  My hat goes off to anyone that is a single parent.  That has got to be one of the hardest jobs!!  Udine decided to get his masters this year, so he goes straight from work to school and gets home about 11:000pm.  The two younger ones don't even see him these days (mon-thurs) and the older two only see him in the morning before school when he does breakfast with them and takes them to school.  I feel like I have been a single mom and it has shown me how much Udine does for us once he does get home.  The whole mood of the house changes.  Kids are happy to see him (so am I), their is laughing and playing and just another hand to help with the kids.  I have been exhausted this semester....it has been the worst so far and I can't wait for him to be done so we can have our husband/dad back.  I feel like I can barely keep my head above water.  Last week was the kids' spring break so we went to St. George for a few days and it was heavenly to have him around that much!!  But it has been a brutal awakening today ... back to reality and no help from him.  I will be so glad when this is all over.  Although, I think he will be even happier when it's over.  I don't know how he does it; working full time, going to school full time and still manages to make time for his family on the weekends.  He is a trooper and I'm grateful for all that he does.  I can't wait for things to go back to normal again!! 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea Michelle!! I can't handle it even for small stretches so I admire you! Hopefully it will get easier with time.

    ReplyDelete