My baby is not so much a baby anymore. She turned 3 on Aug 20th!!! Crazy! She makes me laugh everyday. She has quite the personality. She knows what she wants and will do whatever she can to get it. She is feisty, but at the same time very kind hearted. She is about as stubborn as they come. She likes to try and be independent and do things on her own. And I am amazed at how nurturing she is...I truly believe girls are born with some "mothering" instincts. She loves to play with her dolls. You will often find her putting them to bed, sharing her sippy cup with them, putting blankets on them, telling me to be quiet because the baby is sleeping, etc. It's cute. One of her other favorite things is to play with pretend food. She fills up her shopping cart and walks around the room with it, she sets plates out and gives everyone food to eat. And you will often find her with a purse or backpack stuffed with whatever toys she can fit in and she carries them everywhere. She is becoming great friends with Luca...finally!!! She still pushes his buttons and makes him cry, but they are also great little buddies. She's a great swimmer and has just started learning the front crawl and back crawl. She can do it all the way across the pool, but she still needs a lot of work with it. I think she's still struggling with the coordination and trying to figure that out. But she is a fish and loves the water. She wants to be just like her brothers and play soccer. At Luca's last soccer practice she joined in as much as a little 3 year old could. I figured since my brother Ben was coaching he wouldn't care and he'd tell me if she was in the way. She is a bit delayed in her speech, but she is making leaps and bounds of progress as she goes to therapy for it and as we work at home with her. She is such a joy to our family. I love to see the boys interact with her and help her out. We all love her to pieces. Happy Birthday little Mia!!!
When she woke up this morning I was carrying her down the stairs and she saw her presents and yelled "My presents!!" She then looks in the kitchen and said "Where my cupcake?" hahaha I hadn't made them yet! I didn't know she'd be asking when she woke up!!
Months ago my friend had given me all of her pretend food, plates, pans, etc because her girls had grown out of it. I never showed Mia and have been holding on to it to give to her as a gift. I have to say, this was by far her favorite thing. It even out shined the kitchen I thought she'd be so excited for. (she does love the kitchen, but she really loves the food!) :) After she opened the box of food she didn't want to stop playing with it to open her other present (the kitchen). It was soo funny. The boys were going absolutely crazy and wanted her to open up the other gift, but she just kept telling them "No, not now" hahaha. We finally talked her into it and then she had a blast playing with all of it. It was hours and hours of fun...and still is. I just love to sit and watch.
That night we had cupcakes to celebrate. I was making her cake for when family was coming over the next day. She was so excited...even singing her own happy birthday song. Love it.
I get so nervous when she's blowing candles out because she can't blow. So she gets closer and closer and I worry she's going to burn her lips!!
The day after her birthday we had my siblings and parents over to celebrate her and my birthday. I made her real cake for that..a Hello Kitty Cake, and she loved it. She loved have the family here, who doesn't love having their cousins and grandparents over to spoil them for their special day. :)
Is she smelling? kissing? licking? I'm not sure. :)
She loved opening the gifts. She went from one to the next pretty quickly. She was spoiled by her cousins and got Hello Kitty things and by Grandma and Grandpa with a musical learning toy.
No comments:
Post a Comment